Professional Mentoring Program
The College of Human Ecology Professional Mentoring Program provides students with the opportunity to learn from highly successful and experienced professionals by forging long-lasting, professional relationships. These individuals are alumni and friends of K-State who volunteer their time to help students prepare professionally and succeed in their chosen career.
Beginning with the 2017-18 academic year, the Professional Mentoring Program will utilize the new university-wide WildcatLink software. To join WildcatLink and sign up as a mentor or mentee, visit ksu.peoplegrove.com. Please e-mail the program directly at email@example.com for any questions you may have.
Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
We are fortunate in the College of Human Ecology to have successful and experienced professionals who volunteer their time to mentor students.
Mentoring can take as little as an hour of your time each month, yet it can have a great impact on students.
As a Mentor, you will be able to:
- Provide insight about the various careers within academic fields
- Guide students as they begin navigating the work world with resumes, interviewing skills and job hunting
- Coach students on professional communication, dress and demeanor
- Advise students on professional development within their discipline
- Connect students to others who can assist them in building their professional network
To apply to be a mentor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Mentors are accepted throughout the year.
Qualifications for Students
To become a student mentee, you must:
- Be a student in good academic standing, enrolled in a degree program in the College of Human Ecology
- Be at junior, senior or graduate student standing
- Have at least two semesters remaining prior to completing your degree program
- Attend a required mentoring orientation prior to participating in the program
- Submit an application to the director of the program
- Be able to commit at least one hour a month to the mentoring relationship
To apply to the Professional Mentoring Program, please e-mail email@example.com.