Welcome to the Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- Our Dietetics program and faculty are nationally recognized, and well-respected in the field. We direct two ACEND-accredited undergraduate programs, with campus or global learning degree completion options. The FNDH graduate programs provide advanced learning and research opportunities, which fulfill the 2024 RDN Examination Eligibility standards.
- Our pre-Med and pre-PA programs in Nutritional Sciences and Nutrition and Health are excellent at preparing students to enter those respective fields of medicine; or, to prepare students to be competitive for health science or health promotion jobs, and/or enter graduate programs to further their academic preparation. Our Nutrition and Health distance program is one of the TOP 5 most affordable programs in the United States (www.affordablecolleges.com). These degree programs are great for pre-Dental and pre-Optometry, too, given the importance of nutrition in those healthcare professions.
- Our Athletic Training program and Sensory Analysis and Consumer Behavior Center continue to grow and evolve to meet their respective professional demands. The sensory Center is ranked #1 internationally for its research productivity. Our Athletic Training program is the largest in the state of Kansas. Athletic Training is one of the few programs that requires students to directly interact with patients in clinical settings.
- Our Nutrition and Kinesiology degree (a dual degree program with Kinesiology) prepares students to enter health professions trained to better understand those two important areas of health.
- To meet the needs of those pursuing graduate degrees (MS and PhD), our faculty perform cutting edge research in several disciplines, including Extension, to help provide students with the most current information to prepare them for positions in government, industry, and higher education.
- Students pursing graduate degrees in public health (MPH) or food science may work directly with our faculty to earn their degrees in those programs.
Our department includes graduate and undergraduate programs in Athletic Training, Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, Public Health Nutrition, and Sensory Analysis and Consumer Behavior. Our Extension faculty serve K-State Research and Extension consistent with the University’s land-grant mission. Our nationally and internationally recognized faculty are perform innovative research; and, we are developing new graduate degree opportunities in athletic training, dietetics, nutrition and sensory analysis and consumer behavior.Our undergraduate programs focus on enhancing students' abilities to think critically to be better prepared for careers in healthcare, industry, food service, academia,and non-profit professions.Our Extension faculty are directly involved with improving the lives and well-being of everyone in Kansas, and beyond.
To learn more about how our department can serve your academic needs, please use the horizontal navigation bar above.