To Donate Artifacts
The Historic Costume and Textile Museum at Kansas State University has limited space so taking artifact donations is left to the discretion of the curator. Artifacts are accepted based on need for the collection in terms of research, teaching or completion of a collection unit. Please ask for the museum accessioning policy if you are considering a donation.
What can I donate?
The Historic Costume and Textiles Museum at Kansas State University carefully reviews each offer of clothing and textile related objects offered to the museum. The curator is guided in her direction about new objects based on the Collections Plan which outlines the strengths and weaknesses of the holdings and identifies priority areas for collection.
Other considerations and criteria used for evaluation:
- Condition and overall aesthetics
- Documentation and provenance
- Fit of the object into the collection
To offer an object to the museum, please send the following:
- Photographs of the object showing an overall view and accompanying detail images that show significant design elements
- Documentation regarding the designer/maker/manufacturer
- Where and when it was made or worn
- Who wore the object
- If known, an appraised value
Send requests for consideration to:
Marla Day, Curator
Apparel, Textiles and Interior Design
College of Human Ecology
Kansas State University
338 Justin Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-1405