PFP Director of M.S. Programs
343D Justin Hall
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Michigan, 1974
- A.M. in Economics, University of Michigan, 1971
- A.B. in Economics, University of California-Santa Cruz, 1969
- A.A., Modesto Junior College, 1967
Fields: Economic Demography and Econometrics
Area(s) of Specialization
- Personal financial planning
- Family economic behavior
- Economics and public policy of aging
Research, Scholarship and Creative Endeavors
- Association and impact of cognitive ability with wealth among retired Americans.
- Individual and couples’ financial management strategies over the life-cycle.
- Life course changes in economic status and financial well-being during retirement.
- Antecedents and consequences of pre-release prisoners’ financial knowledge.
- FSHS 825 Family Resource Management
- PFP 105 Introduction to Personal and Family Financial Planning
- PFP 468 Professional Practice Management in Personal Financial Planning
- PFP 808 Research Applications
- PFP 825 Survey of Personal Financial Planning Research and Theory
- PFP 835 Professional Practice Management
- PFP 909 Research Seminar
Maurice MacDonald’s scholarship in family economics spans from measures of personal and family economic well-being and income adequacy, to intergenerational wealth transfer, to the economic status of children, college students and the oldest old. MacDonald has received research grants from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the National Institute of Child Health and Development, the National Institute of Mental Health and the National Institute on Aging. His work has also won several awards for teaching, administration and research. He has led the development of distance education graduate degree programs in Personal Financial Planning, and for the M.S. in Family and Community Services with the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance.
In addition to his duties at K-State, MacDonald serves on the Pawnee Mental Health Foundation Advisory Board. He is married to Jeanne MacDonald; they have eight adult children and five grandchildren.