Welcome to the Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- We direct two ACEND-accredited Dietetics undergraduate programs, with campus or Global Campus (online) degree completion options. Our graduate programs provide advanced learning and research opportunities, which fulfill the 2024 RDN Examination Eligibility standards.
- Our Nutrition and Health degree is an excellent option for pre-physician assistant (pre-PA) and pre-nursing students or to prepare students to be competitive for health science and health promotion careers. Our Nutrition and Health distance program is one of the TOP 5 most affordable programs in the United States (www.affordablecolleges.com).
- Our Athletic Training program is the largest in the state of Kansas. and continue to grow and evolve to meet their respective professional demands. Athletic Training is one of the few programs that requires students to directly interact with patients in clinical settings.
- Our pre-medicine (pre-med) and pre-dentistry (pre-dental) Nutritional Sciences degree is excellent at preparing students to enter those respective healthcare fields and/or enter graduate programs to further their academic preparation.
- Our Nutrition and Kinesiology degree (a dual degree program with Kinesiology) prepares students to enter health professions trained to better understand those two important areas of health.
- To meet the needs of those pursuing graduate degrees (Masters and Doctoral), we offer a variety of MS and PhD options. Our nationally and internationally recognized faculty perform cutting edge research in several disciplines. Our Sensory Analysis and Consumer Behavior Center is ranked #1 internationally for its research productivity.
- Students pursing graduate degrees in public health (MPH) or food science may work directly with our faculty to earn their degrees in those programs.
- Our Extension faculty serve K-State Research and Extension consistent with the University’s land-grant mission and are directly involved with improving the lives and well-being of everyone in Kansas, and beyond.
To learn more about how our department can serve your academic needs, please use the horizontal navigation bar above.