Diversity and Internationalization (DiveIn) Committee
The College of Human Ecology Diversity and Internationalization ("DiveIn") Committee includes representatives from each department, extension, undergraduate and graduate students, administrators and faculty from the college. The committee's purpose is promoting diversity and internationalization efforts in the college. The committee members demonstrate a breadth of diversity and internationalization experience and work collaboratively to identify current needs and methods to increase diversity in the College of Human Ecology. Overall, the committee seeks to increase diversity in the student body and faculty members of the college, infuse diversity into the college curriculum and target international partnerships.
The College of Human Ecology core value is "In a world focused on things, we focus first on people." We believe that respect and dignity of all people is essential, regardless of race/ethnicity, gender, or other diverse attributes. We celebrate and embrace differences in our faculty, staff, students and the people we serve throughout our programs.
2014-2015 DiveIn Committee Members
- Shawna Jordan; Assistant Dean and Diversity Point Person
- Madaí Rivera; Dean's Office
- Delores Chambers; Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- Hyung Chan Kim; Department of Apparel, Textiles, and Interior Design
- Jichul Jang; Department of Hospitality Management
- Charlotte Olsen; K-State Research and Extension
- Joyce Baptist; School of Family Studies and Human Services
- Katie Heinrich, Department of Kinesiology
- Jessica High, Graduate Student Representative
- Brandy Tholstrup; Undergraduate Student Representative from College Council