Human Ecology contributes to sesquicentennial time capsule
Friday, December 13, 2013
Each college and unit prepared parcels no larger than one cubic foot to be placed in the 3,000-pound capsule. Debby Hiett, administrative assistant to Dean John Buckwalter, gathered and packed Human Ecology’s contribution.
In the container are:
- The 2013-14 college directory,
- A copy of Carol Kellett’s “Legacy of Leadership,”
- Several copies of Focus magazine,
- Business cards from college administrators,
- A tailgate event invitation,
- Invitation to the Mary and Carl Ice Hall dedication and other 2013 Celebration of Excellence events,
- A copy of “Teatime to Tailgates: 150 Years at the K-State Table,” a history/recipe book written by Jane P. Marshall that was the college’s birthday gift to the university;
- A copy of Virginia Railsback Gunn’s research on "Women’s Higher Education at Kansas State Agricultural College, 1873-1882,”
- A set of college student recruitment material and
- Memorabilia such as a gold metal bookmark.
Prepared by Human Ecology communications
This article was posted on Friday, December 13, 2013, and is filed under Apparel, Textiles & Interior Design, Center on Aging, College News, Hospitality Management & Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Kinesiology.