Students, win fame and scholarships in Human Ecology film contest
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Human Ecology announces a student film competition to celebrate Kansas State University's 150th birthday. Prizes include $500 scholarships and moments of fame.
Students may enter as individuals or teams in two categories: Human Ecology Past (1862 to 2010) or Human Ecology Present (after 2010). Individual filmmakers must be enrolled in the college; teams must be affiliated with college groups.
Entry deadline is April 1.
- One grand prize winner in each individual category will receive a $500 scholarship
- Two finalists will receive $250 scholarships
- Team winners will receive $500 for their student group
- Finalists will receive $250
A filmmaking workshop is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, in Justin Hall room 163. To register, send email to Cristen Bridegam at firstname.lastname@example.org and write Film Workshop in the message line. Include your name and major, please.
Topics will include:
- How To Pick A Topic And Make It Sing by Jim Mock, director of video production services in the Division of Communications and Marketing
- How To Make A Video by Christian Young, producer/director with Communications and Marketing
- How To Check Out And Use University Equipment by Skyler Butler with the Media Development Center
- Uploading Entries (And Other Technical Assistance) by Marin Dowlin, systems administrator, and Brandon Utech, web developer with Human Ecology
Films are to be 1:30 to 2:30 minutes long. Each should offer a compelling message that tells about the college or an element of the college such as individuals, classes, research, student groups, departments, programs, events or activities.
Winners will be announced at Human Ecology Movie Night on April 16. Students will vote on the Students Choice award. The winner will receive an engraved trophy.
Films will be shown on the college website and at Open House on April 20.
Entry forms and rules are available in Justin 119 or at www.he.k-state.edu/150/filmcontest/.
Prepared by Human Ecology communications
This article was posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013, and is filed under Apparel, Textiles & Interior Design, Center on Aging, College News, Family Studies & Human Services, Hospitality Management & Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Kinesiology.