Provost names search committee for Human Ecology dean
Thursday, October 18, 2012
April Mason, provost and senior vice president, has appointed the search committee for the national search to find the next dean of human ecology.
Ruth Dyer, senior vice provost for academic affairs, will chair the search committee. Mason will deliver the charge to the group this week, outlining her expectations and the search process timeline. The university has engaged the services of Baker and Associates, a recruitment firm, and will be working closely with Martin Baker throughout the search process. The anticipated start date for the new dean is July 1, 2013.
Search committee members are:
- Ruth Dyer, senior vice provost for academic affairs and search committee chair
- Jared Anderson, assistant professor of family studies and human services
- Sonya Britt, assistant professor of family studies and human services
- Edgar Chambers IV, university distinguished professor of human nutrition
- Linda Cook, assistant vice president, K-State Alumni Association
- Martin Cram, undergraduate student representative
- Bob Garcia, research assistant professor of family studies and human services
- Craig Harms, professor of kinesiology
- Debby Hiett, unclassified representative, administrative assistant to the dean, human ecology
- Mary Ice, president elect, Human Ecology Alumni Advisory Board
- Vibhavari Jani, Faculty Senate representative, associate professor of interior architecture and product design
- Tandalayo Kidd, associate professor of human nutrition
- Melody LeHew, associate professor of apparel, textiles, and interior design
- Petros Levis, member, Human Ecology Alumni Advisory Board
- Bill Meredith, associate dean for human ecology
- Jenny Rettele-Thomas, senior director of development, KSU Foundation
- Madai Rivera, admissions coordinator, human ecology
- Kevin Sauer, assistant professor of hospitality management and dietetics
- Kristy Soloski, graduate student representative
- Becky Wolfe Taylor, classified representative, administrative specialist, family studies and human services.
This article was posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012, and is filed under Apparel, Textiles, & Interior Design, Center on Aging, College News, Family Studies & Human Services, Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health, Hospitality Management.