- Bachelor's degree (4-year or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- GRE score of 295, (verbal plus quantitative, New GRE) with a verbal of 146, or 1000 (verbal plus quantitative, Old GRE)
- MCAT scores may be substituted for GRE scores.
- Students without HN 400 and/or HN 413 or their equivalent can be admitted provisionally.
- For international students please check the graduate school requirements for English proficiency (http://www.k-state.edu/grad/students/international.html)
Provisional admission may be granted to exceptional applicants with unique abilities and aspirations who have subject deficiencies in undergraduate preparation or if there is uncertainty in evaluating the transcript.
Once received, applications are evaluated by the admissions committee. If the minimum requirements for admission are met, applications are reviewed by graduate faculty. A faculty member must agree to be an applicant's advisor before a recommendation can be made to the Graduate School that the applicant be admitted. The files of all applicants will be considered for institutional or departmental awards and graduate assistantships. Applications for admittance will be considered for fall and spring semesters, and the summer session.