On-Campus Hospitality Management
The Hospitality Management program at Kansas State University is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration. The program is recognized nationally and internationally for the quality of education students receive and the quality of its graduates. Top-notch faculty prepare students for exciting careers in all facets of the hospitality industry.
Mission of the Hospitality Management Program
The Hospitality Management Department advances the land-grant mission, hospitality industry, and discipline by:
- Preparing undergraduate and graduate students with educational experiences that will positively impact their careers and society;
- Providing theory-based instruction, practical experience and research through student-centered curricula and engagement; and
- Conducting applied, industry-centered research to enhance the well-being of individuals and communities.
Philosophy of the Hospitality Management Program
The Hospitality Management program is founded on the premise that understanding the needs of people in their environments is the basis for success in the hospitality industry. The Hospitality Management curriculum combines a general hospitality education with focused tracks in either foodservice and restaurant management; lodging management; or convention, meeting, and event management. Students also complete courses in business administration, communications, quantitative studies, the humanities and the sciences to provide a strong base for professional success.
Graduates of Kansas State University's Hospitality Management program are prepared for professional careers in our service-oriented, information-based society. The importance of quality and service is emphasized because customer needs and expectations must be the central focus of innovative hospitality management.
This program provides the option of a Bachelor of Science, a concurrent Bachelor and Master of Science, or a minor in Hospitality Management. For more information on each of these degree options visit the links below.
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Concurrent Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Hospitality Administration
- Minor in Hospitality Management
For more information about the Hospitality Management program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-532-5521.