Associate Professor; Director, Graduate Program
108 Justin Hall
- Ph.D. in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management and Nutrition (Co-major), Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- M.S. in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- B.S. in Food Science and Human Nutrition, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Areas of Specialization
- Foodservice Management
- Food Safety Education/Training
- Food Allergy Management in Foodservice Operations
- HMD 341 Principles of Food Production Management
- HMD 424 Hospitality Marketing and Sales
- HMD 820 Advanced Hospitality Human Resource Management
- HMD 895 Financial Management & Cost Controls for Hospitality Industry
- HMD 896 Financial Management & Cost Controls in Dietetics
- HMD 995 Grantsmanship and Publication
Dr. Junehee Kwon joined the Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics in fall 2008. From September 2014, she serves as the director of graduate programs in the department. Previously, she was an assistant/associate professor and director of the didactic program in dietetics in the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Texas Woman's University, Denton, Texas, since spring 2000.
Dr. Kwon's current research interests include various topics in foodservice (food and beverage) management including food safety education and training, food allergy management, nutrition and service quality, and human resource issues in commercial and onsite foodservice facilities, including schools. Dr. Kwon and her team secured research funding from government and private foundations.
Dr. Kwon is an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the School Nutrition Association, the Food Service Management Education Council, the International Association for Food Protection and the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education.