319 Justin Hall
- Ph.D. in Family Resource Management, The Ohio State University
- M.S. in Family Resource Management, The Ohio State University
- B.S. in Personal Financial Planning, Kansas State University
Credentials and/or Certifications
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®)
Area(s) of Specialization
- Financial decision making of young adults and college students
Research, Scholarship and Creative Endeavors
- College student financial wellness
- Economics of higher education
- Effects of seeking financial help
- Financial behavior of low-income households
- FSHS 405 Advanced Personal and Family Finance
- FSHS 760 Families, Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- FSHS 766 Insurance Planning for Families
Dr. Heckman's career objective is to train students to be become competent and ethical financial planning practitioners and researchers. He is passionate about the financial planning profession and is excited to be involved with graduate education due to the field's need for rigorous research and theory development.
Much of Dr. Heckman's time outside of K-State is spent with his wife and two kids. He is also involved with Ichthus, a community of house churches in Manhattan. In his free time, Dr. Heckman enjoys watching college football and basketball, being outdoors and reading.
He had a great undergraduate educational experience at Kansas State University and he feels fortunate to be back in the Little Apple. He feels the outstanding faculty, hard-working students and sense of family on campus make K-State an exceptional place to be.