313 Justin Hall
- M.S. in Family Studies and Human Services with an emphasis in Personal Financial Planning, Kansas State University, Manhattan (2013)
- B.S. in Human Nutrition, Kansas State University, Manhattan (2011)
Area(s) of Specialization
- Financial Counseling
Research, Scholarship and Creative Endeavors
Along with teaching personal financial planning courses, Martens implemented and is currently the co-director of the K-State Salina campus student money management center, Financial Education and Development Services (FEDS). FEDS was established in 2013, and the program's mission is to provide financial education to K-State Salina students and aid in increasing their financial literacy to achieve financial success both now and in the future.
- FSHS 100 Family Financial Planning as a Career
- FSHS 105 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning
- FSHS 405 Advanced Personal Financial Planning
- FSHS 595 Professional Seminar in Family Financial Planning
- FSHS 756 Financial Counseling
- FSHS 764 Estate Planning
Roxanne Martens holds both her bachelor's and master's degrees from Kansas State University. Upon completion of her master's degree focusing on personal financial planning, she accepted an instructor position with K-State on the Salina campus. In her first year teaching, Martens passed the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Examination. Passing the exam and graduating from a CFP® Board Registered University, she possesses the experiences and education necessary to interactively teach and connect with students who wish to do the same.
Working with students as their advisor, financial counselor or educator, or mentor is very valuable to Martens. It is a time to connect with her students and learn what is working well in the classroom, along with encouraging them in their academic and personal endeavors.
Kansas State University is family to Martens. Both of her siblings also have degrees from K-State, and they all continue to bleed purple! Martens and her husband enjoy their free time by traveling to visit family as well as for fun, playing with their golden retriever, Ralph, working on house projects and helping with the youth group at her church.