101B Hoeflin Stonehouse
- M.S. Family Studies and Human Services; Early Childhood Education- Kansas State University (2007)
- B.S. Family Studies and Human Services; Early Childhood Education- Kansas State University (2005)
Credentials and/or Certifications:
- Kansas Early Childhood Education – Provisional Teaching License
- Texas Standard Classroom Teacher Generalist EC-4
- Texas English as a Second Language Supplemental EC-4
- Texas Pedagogy & Professional Responsibilities EC- 4
- International Baccalaureate -- Making the PYP Happen & The Written Curriculum
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Red Cross CPR
Areas of Specialization:
- Children ages 6 weeks to kindergarten
- ECED 420 Interaction Techniques with Young Children
Misti has experienced a variety of educational settings: Graduate Teacher Assistant in a toddler classroom (KSU), pre-kindergarten at a non-profit Child Development Center (Addison, TX), pre-kindergarten at a private for-profit Early Childhood Center (Plano, TX), and as a kindergarten teacher in a public charter (Dallas, TX) and is currently the Lead Teacher/Supervising Instructor at the Stone House Early Childhood Education Center.
Outside of working directly with young children and college students, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Matt, of 6 years and their two rescue beagles, Kenna and Mr. Flash. She enjoys traveling, outdoor activities, running, yoga, and college football and basketball.