The process of applying for admission to the Graduate School at Kansas State University and the Applied Family Science program requires the completion of an online application and submission of materials, as described below.
All applications must be received by February 1st for priority admission. Applications will be accepted on a continual basis throughout the remainder of the year, but assistantship funding cannot be guaranteed.
- Submit an application for admission to the Kansas State University Graduate School for the Applied Family Science program.
- Submit a domestic application fee of $50 or international application fee of $75, as required by the Graduate School.
- Your application must include the following program-specific documents:
- Personal statement
- Academic writing sample
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Official TOEFL Scores (international students only)
Successful applicants typically have:
- A personal statement clearly outlining your career goals and fit within our program, including identifying faculty with which your interests align
- An outstanding and concise academic writing sample
- A cumulative grade point average exceeding 3.0 for the last 60 hours of the Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum TOEFL scores of 600 (paper test), 250 (computer-based test), or 100 (internet-based test) (international students only)
After your admission:
After you have been admitted, you will be assigned a temporary advisor who will assist in your enrollment and selection of first-semester courses. You will be notified of who your temporary advisor will be upon acceptance to our program. Please feel free to contact your temporary advisor prior to arriving on campus with any questions you may have about Manhattan, being a graduate student, or our program.
Contact Dr. Mindy Markham, Graduate Program Coordinator, for questions regarding the program or admission.