Facts, Stats and Accreditations
- Personal Financial Planning: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards and Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC)® Approved University Program
- Family Studies and Human Services Undergraduate Option: Certified Family Life Education Program, National Council on Family Relations
- Family Studies Graduate Program: Certified Family Life Education Program
- Early Childhood Education: National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Communication Sciences and Disorders: The Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- Marriage and Family Therapy: Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
Facts and Stats
- Pass rates on national certifying exams throughout the School are excellent. For instance, Communication Sciences and Disorders students have a pass rate of 100%. Marriage and Family Therapy students have a pass rate of close to 100%.
- The Personal Financial Planning student team has advanced to the finals of the National Collegiate Financial Planning Competition for 14 straight years and has won the competition five times. Financial Planning magazine ranks the Personal Financial Planning program as one of the top five in the nation.
- The Early Childhood Education unit's distance education bachelor's degree program received the Region VII Exceptional Program Award from the Association of Continuing Higher Education.
- The Communication Sciences and Disorders unit was ranked 9th of 126 masters-only programs in U.S. News and World Report's 2016 college rankings.
- The Marriage and Family Therapy program is considered to be one of the top marriage and family therapy graduate programs in the United States.
- Faculty were awarded over $17.8 million in grants and contracts, which provide many graduate students hands-on experience in research and service.
- Faculty actively publish research results and give presentations at national and international conferences.
- Teaching is a strength of the School. Most faculty exceed the average student teaching evaluation averages of the university.
- Building from theory to practice, the Conflict Resolution program now offers a professionally mentored practicum in mediation for those who want to go on to pursue state-approved as mediators.
- The Conflict Resolution program offers three international faculty-led study tours (Northern Ireland, South Africa, and Malaysia) as options in the curriculum.