Student Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training
- Demonstrate proper injury/illness prevention, clinical evaluation and diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and documentation strategies required of an athletic trainer.
- Demonstrate proper taping, wrapping and protective equipment application for the physically active population.
- Demonstrate proper application of therapeutic modalities and incorporation of such modalities in an effective rehabilitation program.
- Demonstrate effective management of general medical and psychosocial conditions related to the physically active population.
- Demonstrate proper immediate care and emergency management skills required of an athletic trainer.
- Identify important concepts related to athletic training administration used in professional practice.
- Recognize the importance of professionalism and ethical behavior in the field of athletic training and employ these characteristics during clinical practice.
- Recognize the components of effective communication with members of the sports medicine team (i.e., athlete/patient, coach, physician, parent, etc) and employ these characteristics during clinical practice.