Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Competition1
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Hoffman Lounge, Justin Hall
All undergraduate students in the College of Human Ecology are invited to submit a proposal. Monetary prizes will be awarded in two categories:
Best Undergraduate Poster
Best Undergraduate Display
Posters will be judged on the basis of content and effective communication. Displays will be judged on the basis of aesthetics and written content. See the "Helpful Tips section of the proposal form (pdf).
Monetary awards will be given to the top presentations supporting travel to present the research/creative scholarship at a professional conference.
Students planning to present must submit a brief proposal (please see instructions on the proposal form (pdf)) to Michelle Toews (MLToews@ksu.edu) by 5:00 p.m. on April 14th.
Space will be reserved for every student who submits a proposal. No proposals will be considered after the deadline.
Please note the following:
- If you are presenting a poster, we will provide a way for you to display it.
- If you are presenting a display, we will provide a small easel and table, if needed. Students needing any other type of display mount (e.g., dress form, special stand) must work with faculty to reserve those items.
- Students are responsible for printing their own posters.
- Students are responsible for setting up, taking down, and, if applicable, returning any borrowed items.
- Students MUST attend the entire event.
1"Undergraduate research & creative inquiry are defined as scholarly, collaborative, authentic, original work or an assessment from a new point of view conducted by a student or group of students within a mentored environment for the purpose of publicly disseminating the information through a university seminar, poster/oral conference presentation, performance, exhibition, and/or publication. The projects shall involve inquiry, design, investigation, research, scholarship, discovery, application, writing, and/or performance." (http://www.k-state.edu/undergradresearch/about/faq.html)