About the College
- What is Human Ecology?
- Message from the Dean
- Diversity in the College
- Employment Opportunities
The College of Human Ecology at Kansas State University invites qualified individuals to apply for a 12-month full-time term position as Webmaster/Developer for the college website and college hosted sites.
The successful candidate will be part of a team in conceptualizing, designing and implementing the college brand to raise the visibility of the college and to reinforce college goals. The webmaster in collaboration with others, will develop designs that establish overall visual look and feel of the website and ensure the college’s online presences meet university and college standards, procedures and guidelines. Primary objectives consist of:
- Conceptualize, design, implement and maintain innovative approaches to the web and college presence through social media.
- Analyze and interpret a variety of data pertaining to the college web presence
- Provide consultation to internal college units to create and maintain web pages for our hosted sites. Provide consultation to internal college units and collaborate with the college communication director to provide guidance for external communications using established university tools.
- Provide training to departmental website assistants in use of templates for updating content.
- Design, build and maintain web sites using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media. Perform or direct web site updates.
- Maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through participation in professional conferences, workshops or groups.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Serve as backup to the systems administrator and support team to provide technology assistance and accessibility to network users.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of sites and other digital communication platforms (mediums) to analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities of tools.
- Provide consultation with all centers and institutes within the college to ensure compliance with university and college standards of college web presence.
- Provide oversight of media database for the college.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, design, computer science or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Contribute, Illustrator, etc.)
- Expertise in HTML, CSS, general web design, PHP and basic graphic design
- One year experience in web or print design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social media experience
- Two year’s experience in web design, project management or team leadership experience
- Video production, editing and encoding experience
- HTML5 and web design for mobile devices
- Expertise in WordPress design and augmentation
Screening will begin November 18th, 2012.
Send resume, letter of application, names and contact information for three professional references and three web samples to:
College of Human Ecology, Kansas State University
119 Justin Hall
Manhattan KS, 66506
Email applications are preferred and will be accepted at email@example.com.
K-State is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Background check is required.