About the College
- What is Human Ecology?
- Message from the Dean
- Diversity in the College
- Employment Opportunities
Assistant or Associate Professor, Hospitality Management and Dietetics
The Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics at K-State invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track assistant or associate professor with expertise in meeting, convention & event planning and/or lodging management to join a dynamic team of faculty and students engaged in scholarship and outreach. Criteria for the rank of associate professor can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/academicpersonnel/add/humecol/hotel/.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and qualifications
Starting Date: August 2013, negotiable
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in hospitality management
- Advise and direct research of undergraduate and graduate students
- Collaborate with faculty at K-State and other institutions to produce high quality research and publications
- Procure external grants to support research and graduate assistantships
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees
- Support and contribute to K-State’s land-grant mission of teaching, research, and service
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited university in hospitality, tourism, or foodservice-related fields by the start date
- Previous college-level teaching experience
- Evidence of teaching ability
- Industry-related work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-defined research agenda
- Evidence of the ability to secure grants
- Experience with distance education (course/program development or teaching)
About the Department
The Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics is comprised of two undergraduate programs, hotel and restaurant management (ACPHA accredited) with approximately 265 students and dietetics with approximately 255 students. In addition, we have on-campus and distance Master’s degree programs and a PhD program. Currently staffed by ten full-time faculty members and six professionals in K-State Housing and Dining Services who have joint teaching appointments, the department affiliates with hotels, foodservice operations, and healthcare organizations. The department is the home of the Center of Excellence for Food Safety Research in Child Nutrition Programs. Faculty members collaborate with researchers in business, agriculture, food science, K-State Research & Extension, psychology, and other areas in dynamic and innovative research ventures.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins January 18, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
Send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, research statement, names and contact information of three professional references, and other supporting documents to:
Dept. of Hospitality Management and Dietetics
104 Justin Hall
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506
Electronic submission of application materials is preferred (email@example.com). A background check is required prior to employment.