About the College
- What is Human Ecology?
- Message from the Dean
- Diversity in the College
- Employment Opportunities
Research Assistant in the Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics
Kansas State University, Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics, is seeking a full-time Research Assistant for a term appointment beginning by January 6, 2013. The preferred applicant must have a background in consumer food safety, consumer education, or foodservice management.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Research Assistant will be affiliated with the Center of Excellence for Food Safety Research in Child Nutrition Programs. The person in the position will assist in implementing a funded research project, including recruiting study participants, scheduling data collection, maintaining the research facility, collecting data, and analyzing data.
- Bachelor of Science degree; preference in Dietetics, Hospitality Management, Food Science, or related discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within and meet specific deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and educational levels
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word Office software and data analysis software such as SPSS
- Ability to conduct library research, including library searches and interlibrary loan
- Ability to organize and work independently.
- Master’s degree in dietetics, hospitality management, nutrition, food science, or related discipline
- Previous research experience.
Application screening begins December 7, 2012 and continues until position is filled. Send letter of application, resume, and contact information, for a minimum of three professional references, including e-mail addresses, to:
Jeannie Sneed, PhD, RD
Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics
Kansas State University
104 Justin Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-1407
Application materials may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.For questions about the position, please contact, Dr. Jeannie Sneed; Search Committee Chair; 785-532-5507, email@example.com.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.