Faculty & Staff
- Departments & Academic Units:
- Contact Info:
108 Justin Hall
- Courses I Teach:
- HMD 424 - Hospitality Marketing and Sales
- HMD 895 - Cost controls in hospitality and foodservice systems
- Areas of Specialization:
- Food safety education/training
- Foodservice management
- B.S. in Food Science and Human Nutrition, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
- M.S. in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Ph.D. in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management and Nutrition (Co-major), Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Dr. Junehee Kwon joined the Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics in fall 2008. Previously, she was an assistant/associate professor and Director of Didactic Program in Dietetics in the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Texas Woman’s University, Denton, TX since spring 2000.
Dr. Kwon’s current research interests include food safety education and training for consumers and foodservice employees. In the previous institution (TWU), she was engaged in a variety of nutrition/dietetics related research including school-based nutrition education for preventing overweight among children, school foodservice operation, and clinical nutrition management.