Ji Hye Kang
Apparel and Textiles Graduate Faculty Member, certified to direct master's students
- Ph.D. in Design, Housing and Merchandising, Oklahoma State University
- M.S. in Clothing and Textiles, Yonsei University, Korea
- B.S. in Clothing and Textiles, Yonsei University, Korea
Area(s) of Specialization
- Cross-cultural Consumer Behavior
- International Retailing Strategies
- Global Supply Chain Management in the Apparel and Textile Industry
- Ethical Consumer Behavior
- AT 245 Apparel and Textile Industry
- AT 330 Apparel Consumers and Society
- AT 575 Principles of Forecasting
- AT 850 Research Methods in Apparel and Textiles
Dr. Kang received her doctorate from Oklahoma State University in apparel merchandizing with an emphasis in international apparel marketing. She received her bachelor's and master's degrees in clothing and textiles from Yonsei University in Korea. She also accumulated seven years of experience as a merchandiser and fashion marketing consultant before her doctoral program.
Her scholarship centered on two research areas: cross-cultural consumer behavior/business practices and ethical consumer behavior. She is currently building expertise to research a combination of the two areas, such as cross-cultural consumer behavior toward socially-responsible apparel products. She has experience teaching various classes at undergraduate and graduate levels that are closely related to her research interests, including consumer behavior in fashion, global fashion business, fashion marketing and multi-channel retailing.