The Department of Apparel, Textiles, and Interior Design averages over 400 undergraduate students and more than 50 graduate students. To learn more about the focus of the department, read our common purpose statement. We offer the following academic programs:
- Bachelor of science in apparel and textiles (apparel design or apparel marketing specializations)
- Bachelor of science in interior design
- Graduate Programs
The Department promotes success among its faculty, students and alumni through high standards and expectations:
- Our programs share a common responsibility to teach within a human ecological framework and to give considerable attention to environmental ethics and social responsibility within the disciplines and professions we represent.
- Our faculty members share a commitment to excellence in scholarship in its many diverse forms including discovery, integration, application, and teaching.
- Our students in all programs are encouraged to become active learners and take advantage of diverse learning experiences including internships, study abroad, field trips, and study tours.
These high standards have resulted in our programs receiving national recognitions, our students and faculty winning numerous national awards, and our graduates earning top positions in national companies across the globe.
- Non-traditional students inducted into honor society
- Human Ecology students at Kansas State University were among the 77 inducted into the Pinnacle Honor Society, a non-traditional student honor society with members from more than 150 institutions across the U.S. The students, from throughout the nation, are: Aimee Fowler, junior in family studies and human services; Ashley MacKinnon, senior in dietetics; Daina Bitters, [...]
- Four attend leadership bootcamp
- Four students in the College of Human Ecology at Kansas State University attended the Leadership Honors Bootcamp in Washington D.C. in May. They are, from left, Hannah Quernheim, interior design senior; Zach Stroth, family studies and human services sophomore; Morgan Crawford, apparel and textiles senior; and Lauren Hower, early childhood education senior. The intensive, five-day [...]
- Fashion marketing program ranked in top 10 nationally
- Kansas State University has been named one of the top 10 fashion marketing schools in the country. The apparel marketing option in the apparel and textiles program in the department of apparel, textiles and interior design was ranked No. 10 out of more than 200 fashion schools by Fashion-Schools.org. The group also selected the College [...]