Admission to graduate study is granted by the dean of the Graduate School upon the recommendation of the faculty in the graduate program. To be considered for admission into the degree program the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A completed Graduate School application. The application materials may be obtained from the Office of Graduate Studies (contact information below).
- A statement of objectives that includes: your reasons for seeking this degree; your intended area of specialization within the program; past and present employment; and future professional plans. If you have a request for a certain advisor, indicate that preference in the statement of objectives.
- Two OFFICIAL transcripts from the institution awarding your bachelor's degree and two OFFICIAL transcripts from all institutions at which any graduate credits were completed. Copies that are stamped "issued to student" cannot be accepted. If you have credits from K-State, we can obtain a copy of the K-State transcript at no cost to you.
- At least a 3.00 grade point average during junior and senior years. Those with GPAs between 2.65 and 2.99 may be considered for probational admission if it can be demonstrated there is the potential for success in the graduate program. This is most often demonstrated on the basis of test scores on the Millers Analogies Test (MAT) or the General Test of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Priority is given to students who score at the 50th percentile or higher on these tests.
- Three letters of recommendation from colleagues, supervisors, educators or instructors who can attest to the person's potential success in the graduate program. The people who complete the recommendation letters should mail them directly to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Graduate School Application Fee
A $30 application fee is required for all domestic students; your application will not be processed without this fee. Please make a check out to the K-State Graduate School, and include it with your application. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card.
A $55 application fee is required; your application will not be processed without this fee. Please pay with an international cashier's check or money order (in U.S. funds) to the K-State Graduate School, and include it with your application. We cannot accept cash or personal checks from international students. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card.
While the College of Education accepts applications throughout the year, the following deadlines are suggested to allow the faculty adequate time to review the completed application.
Fall semester: March 1
Spring semester: October 1
Summer semester: February 1
Fall semester: February 1
Spring semester: August 1
Summer semester: December 1